Altera’s Cyclone III device is an ideal video processing platform given the large number of multipliers, low power and M9K memory blocks.
Bitec have made available a cost effective kit targeted at Video processing development using a Cyclone III device for the core processing. The kit contains the Cyclone III FPGA Development Kit which utilizes an EP3C129 device and two HSMC video interface cards together with a collection of IP cores and reference designs. The kit provides a variety of video interface standards including both digital and analogue up to HD resolutions.
The Bitec Cyclone III Video Development Kit provides an integrated solution for developers wishing to utilize the Cyclone III device for video applications. With a growing collection of reference designs based on the Altera VIP suit, development time is reduced to the minimum.
With two independent 32-bit DDR2 memory interfaces, the Cyclone III VDK is able to tackle the most challenging High Definition video applications.
The Bitec Cyclone III Video development kit is shipped with everything required to begin developing.
- Cyclone III EP3C120F780 Development base kit
- A Bitec quad video daughter card
- Bitec HSMC DVI card
- A CDROM with various IP CORES and reference designs
- A DVI cable is also included
- For more information, download the product brief: ciii_video_dev_kit_product_brief
- Altera EP3C120F780 Development board
- Bitec HSMC Quad Video daughter card
- 8 composite or 4 s-video inputs
- 1 HD (1080p) DVI Output port or
- 1 TV (PAL/NTSC) output with resolutions to 1024×768 and support for composite, s-video or SCART (RGB) outputs
- Bitec HSMC DVI daughter card
- 1 HD (1080p) DVI Output port (HDMI with external adaptor)
- 1 HD (1080p) DVI Input port (HDMI with external adaptor)
- Interfaces directly to the Altera Video and Image Processing (VIP) Suit
- Collection of video reference designs
Altera 1080P Framework
The Altera® Video and Image Processing (VIP) Suite is a collection of MegaCore® functions that you can use to facilitate the development of custom video and image processing designs. These MegaCore functions are suitable for use in a wide variety of image processing and display applications, such as video surveillance, broadcast, video conferencing, and medical/military imaging.
The Bitec Cyclone III Video development kit provides an ideal basis for the development of advanced image processing designs incorporating the VIP. For more information visit the Altera’s Video and Image Processing Suite MegaCore Functions web page. For back ground on the Altera 1080P Framework click here
See the Altera VIP reference design based on the CIII VDK here.